1. Advocate for public policies that help our members remain competitive through the free flow of goods, services, investment, ideas and people in a rules-based system.
2. Support the successful completion of a beneficial Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement that includes new solutions to critical 21st Century priorities.
3. Participate in business coalitions that effectively address trade and competitiveness issues.
4. Increase awareness and understanding among policymakers, business executives, thought leaders and the media about the importance of the US-NZ bilateral relationship and its significance to the Asia-Pacific region.
5. Sponsor events that encourage communication and cooperation, advance shared policy goals, and foster stronger ties between the United States and New Zealand.
6. Maintain close working relationships with the U.S. Ambassador to New Zealand and the NZ Ambassador to the United States. Also, expand outreach efforts to embassies of countries that have increasingly important business and strategic relationships with the United States and New Zealand, such as TPP nations.
7. Co-Chair the Pacific Partnership Forums held in both New Zealand and the United States in ways that will expand diverse attendance, visibility and influence.
8. Support the US | NZ Council congressional internship program for university students.